Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Why?


Why?

There is nothing more frustrating in this life than wanting answers that you may not ever get? We want to know why? Why did that accident have to happen? Why cancer? Why did grandma have to die? Why did my parents get a divorce? Why did my friend betray my trust? Why did my spouse abuse me? Why did my partner lie to me? Why do children die? Why do bad people seem to get by with stuff while good people suffer? Why? Why? Why?

Life seems to offer alot more questions than it does answers. It can be frustrating, heartbreaking, discouraging, and depressing. Not knowing "why?" in certain life situations can cause us to be resentful, bitter, angry, lose trust, lose faith, blame others, and confused.

I wish I had answers for you today. If I had answers for you, then I could answer some unanswered questions in my life. I do not have those answers and unfortuantely in certain situations you may never have the answers or closure that you may want. That person may be gone or deceased. That person may never admit to their wrong or give no explanation for their behaviors or lifestyle choices. That situation may never be solved.

One thing I do know, is that God can provide us with peace, comfort, strength, wisdom, forgiveness, and also enable us to forgive someone who hurt us or get through a difficult situation, trial, or problem without the answers we think we might want or need. Sometimes God is protecting us and we can't see it. Sometimes He may be sparing us from a bigger pain. Sometimes it has little to do with us and it just a result of life or living in an imperfect world with imperfect people making poor choices and decisions that unfortunately affect us.

God also reminds us in scripture that there are some things on this side of heaven that we will not know, but someday we will fully know. God truly created us to be our God. If we choose that relationship, God is going to always be there to give us what we need. He knows us best. He knows our situations, our lives, and our hearts. Instead of asking "Why?" maybe we need to be asking ourselves, "Who?" That answer is easy and always the same, the answer to the "Who?" is God. God is always the answer we need when life hurts. I hope you will learn to trust and turn to Him when life get's hard. I hope you might rediscover Him and His desire to be there for you when you want answers you're not going to get. I hope you will allow God access to you life, the next question will be "When?".

"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." I Corinthians 13:12(NIV)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I came across your blog today and really appreciate your honesty. "Why" is a real stubbing block for me right now.

Please pray for me. I really need guidance.

Amy