Monday, August 10, 2009

More helpful reads

I am currently reading this book and it's a book about growing up without a father(which I didn't) but Donald Miller has a neat way of writing that helps you. This is my third Donald Miller book and I'm enjoying it.

this book uses KJV scriptures and has moments where the language is old fasion, but the ultimate point of the book is good, strategies for winning the battles of the mind.

If you or you have a family member, loved one, or friend who is struggling with OCD behavior this workbook is a great read. I struggle with obsessive thoughts and though they are minor compared to some OCD behaviors, this book was helpful.


This is one of Max Lucado's early books, but I re-read this book recently after reading it about 10 years ago. Max always has a way of writing short little chapters that encourge and inspire you.



I normally would not be a Joyce Meyer fan (no offense to anyone who is), but i have to say that the overall premise of this book helped me alot. It's about one of the things i've become passionate about the past few months as I've tried to change some of my thought patterns and thought behaviors. You might not agree with her doctrine or theology, but the subject and book are really helpful.




This was the I was reading the last blog I wrote about suggesting books. I finished it and am reading it for the 3rd time. I don't think I've ever read a book 2 times back to back, but I'm going through it a 3rd time and highlighting the important sentences and thoughts. This book is one of the most helpful books I've ever read.




No comments: