Tuesday, January 05, 2010

2010


2010


When I was a kid, 2010 sounded so far away and I figured we'd have flying cars by now or something. Anyway, 2010 is here now and i'm closer to 40 than 30 and i don't own a flying car, but one that looks like box, go figure.


I will admit 2009 wasn't a great year for me. Though I had some successes in youth ministry and finished up 2009 good in my personal life, 2009 was a rough year professionally and personally. I for one as glad 2010 is here and am ready for a new start.


I guess there is nothing special about a new year, it's just like any other day, but a new year does signify for many of us a time of newness. Though, we don't get do-overs or repeats in life, we are able to have new beginnings or new starts and to move on past the past.


Maybe 2009 was a great year for you and you'll continue to find happiness and success in 2010 or maybe 2009 wasn't a good year for you either, maybe you faced divorce, a break-up, a broken friendship, a job loss, a financial setback, issues with your children or parents, or maybe a physical illness? I pray that 2010 will bring new perspective, a deeper faith, a stronger resolve, or maybe better relationships, healthier choices, or more truth and trust in your life.


Maybe you need to right some wrongs or maybe you need to ask for forgiveness or rebuild some trust. Maybe you need to find a new job or career or save some money or pay off some debt? Maybe you need to find a new church, or make move? Whatever it is, I pray that you will let God guide you and that you see the need to be on the path He has chosen for you.


My 2010 is starting with a great dating relationship, a move back to WV, and a new job, and many unknowns, but I am excited about the future and what God has in store with me. I pray I can be faithful, patient, and optimistic of what God will do for me, through me, and give me in 2010. I pray the same for you. I want to learn from my mistakes, experiences, and problems in 2009, but I don't want to stay there. I want to make changes, accept what I cannot change, and have wisdom to know the difference.
"Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise, but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:15-16(NIV)

No comments: