Monday, January 11, 2010

Questions?


Questions?

Do you ever ask Why? Why seems to be something we all want to know sometimes. Why does bad things happen? Why do bad people seem to get away with things and good people seem to suffer unjustly? Why do babies have to die or innocent people get killed by drunk drivers?

Maybe it's a little more personal for you. Why did I marry this person? Why did I have to take this job? Why did I move? Why did that relationship go so wrong? Why did I make such a horrible mistake? Why am I dishonest? Why did I hurt them? Why can't I change?

I think asking questions is a good thing. I think if you are asking questions, it means you are thinking and thinking it always a good thing. Especially when it comes to God. God is God, He can handle any question you throw at Him. No question is too big for God. The problem is we may not like the answer, or may not want to wait on the answer. Or better yet, we may never know the answer and have to learn to trust His wisdom and give Him control.

I've been asking alot of questions of God the past year. I'm trying to understand some things in my life and some people who have been in my life. Truth is, I may never understand why things happend the way they did, why people act the way they do, or why I handle things the way I did.

But, I want to learn. I want to grow. I want to mature. I want to learn lessons. I want to grow in my faith. I want to mature into the person God wants me to become. Therefore, I will continue to ask questions and seek the truth.

I do know that if you look to God's Word, talk to God on a regular basis, and are open to listening to Him and being guided by Him, we may get some answers. Though on this side of heaven we may not know why baby's are stillborn, why someone got cancer, or why someone is abusive, we can maybe learn to trust God a little more. Maybe we learn patience? endurance? perseverance? Trust? Giving up control? Maybe we learn coping skills or lessons we can use to help others who will be going through the same things we are now? Maybe God is trying to help us through our mistakes, pain, and issues so that we can better serve Him? I don't know, but I'm going to keep asking questions, because I know God has the answers.

"What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?" Psalm 8:4 (NIV)

No comments: