Tuesday, April 20, 2010

You Reap what you sow...duh!


You Reap What You Sow...Duh!


"The one who sows to please sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life." Galations 6:8(NIV)


I could stop there. Scripture says it all, yet somehow we try to avoid it, deny it, or turn it into something that fits what we want, or makes us look good, but in the end, truth is truth. Truth is, we reap what we sow.


You want to live in eternity in Heaven, you can't live like Hell on earth. You don't plant corn and produce lettuce. You plant corn, you get corn. You lie, cheat, and steal, you'll reap the consequences of those actions. You practice honesty, integrity, and sincerity and you'll reap the consequences of those actions. Pretty simple?


Yet we make it so difficult. We choose to listen to our flesh, our sinful nature, the enemy the devil who convinces us we are right or we know better than God, or better yet we are above the rules. It doesn't take long for good people to fall under those attitudes.


I'm not trying to depress anyone today, I just want us(me included) to realize and be reminded, that our actions and attitudes carry out consequences. We cannot make choices good or bad and they not touch others lives. We also must realize that we can't make poor choices, bad decisions, and have selfish motives and get away with it. Oh we may for a day, a week, a month, even a year, but eventually 100% of the time, God's natural law of reaping what you sow comes into play.


Some consequences are minor or temporary, some are major or even go with us for the rest of our lives. I'm living with some bad sowing I did in the past, and I bet many of you are as well. The thing that bothers me, is I talked with a person recently who got into some major trouble and the whole time, I felt like they were only sorry they got caught and were only doing the "right" things now to avoid having to pay for the consequences, in this case prison. But, it doesn't matter what the case, whether it's something illegal, immoral, or dishonest we will reap what we sow.


So it only makes sense to sow seeds of honesty, love, forgiveness, grace, mercy, sharing, compassion, integrity, and responsibility. That is what I want to sow, so that I may reap a harvest of Eternal life.




No comments: