Monday, April 20, 2009

Beautiful Trainwreck

Beautiful Trainwreck

Sort of an oxymoron, beautiful and trainwreck, but sort of describes my life the past 5 years. I had 5 years of stability in a wonderful ministry in the late 90's and early 2000's. The last 5, we'll that's depends on the glass you're drinking out of (half-full or half-empty).

There were times I felt like I was a trainwreck waiting for a place to happen and at times I happened often, I've wrote many a weasel's about those experiences and my learning, venting, and thoughts.

Yet, even when I look back at the scars, failures, mistakes, stupid decisions, and the shoulda,coulda, woulda, I still find myself saying look at all the people I've met, look at some of the cool lessons I learned, and look at some of the unique places i've been and worked.

I don't recommend committing sin, doing really boneheaded things consistentely and constantly, and changing jobs like diapers, and moving around like your in the witness relocation program. However, I do recommend learning from your mistakes, overcoming your bad decisions with grace and acceptance. Don't be afraid to fail, take risks, or experience life the peaks and the valley's.

I regret some mistakes, while I cherish some of the relationships I would have missed. I hate some of my decisons, yet appreciate the hindsight I gained. I abhor (I just wanted to use that word) some of my choices, but thank God for his grace, patience, and discipline.

My life has been unpredictable, up and down, fortune and famine, gain and loss, prestige and humility. But, I am glad to say I am lving life and enjoying my time I have, my singleness, my freedom, and my life.

I hope my next 5 are a little more stable and less mistakes and better choices, but I also hope I don't stop meeting and loving great people, experiencing God's blessings, and growing in wisdom and understanding.

I am getting ready to start a new journey I will tell you about soon and I can't wait to see how beautiful the trainwreck, I mean trainride will be. Risks, mistakes, challenges, choices, experiences, relationships, changes, and learning. Are you ready for the ride?

"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10(NIV)

No comments: