Tuesday, April 14, 2009

great white hunter

GREAT WHITE HUNTER

Ok, i'm white, but I wouldn't call myself great or great hunter. I like to hunt, but I'm not obsessed with it and probably a fair-weather hunter. I go through moods, some years I hunt alot, other times I hardly hunt.

My point is deer hunting takes things I am not very good at. Patience and accuracy. Oh, I could tell the stories of the "one that got away". I seem to shoot my gun or bow at deer way too soon, take bad shots, rush shots, get in a hurry, or don't want to wait for a better, clearer, or closer shot. But, I enjoy hunting, the outdoors, nature, and eating my kill!

I know many of you reading this may not hunt, but I don't really want to talk about hunting, it was a segway to something else.We all have things in life we do that we struggle with. You may enjoy going to school, but struggle in certain subjects. You may enjoy your job, but struggle liking co-workers. You may enjoy being married or dating, but struggle with compromising in certain issues with your mate.

As in Hunting, i struggle with patience and accuracy. But, there are other areas of my life where their are pockets of insecurity, doubt, fear, sin, struggle, and conflict. I'm not going to stop hunting just because I miss a few deer, though I hope with age and experience, I will continue to learn to become better.

Life, marriage, relationships, careers, school, struggles, etc....are no different. They take work, practice, mistakes, and learning the hard-way at times. If you are struggling, hurting, or railing from a mistake, a bone-headed decision, or serious sin, don't give up, make excuses, justify, or accept where you are. Grow, learn, make an effort, and most of all seek God. You've tried everything else, try God. You've tried it your way, try it God's way.

I may never have my own hunting tv show, my own line of camo, or give archery lessons, but I'm not going to give up something I enjoy. I'm going to get better so I will enjoy it more. Hunting teaches me alot about life and how I need to be in my relationship with God. Maybe God is trying to teach you or show you something right now through your job, hobby, or circumstance?

"I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry."
Psalm 40:1(NIV)

No comments: