Friday, April 17, 2009

Experience Life

EXPERIENCING LIFE

I know the past few years of my life I have moved around alot and made some mistakes and in some ways that's probably cost me some job opportunities andsome criticism. I can't change the past, if I could do that, I could really sell that and make some money, but the truth is I can't.I can't choose to let it ruin me or I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn.

Truth be told, I have really got to do alot of great things, meet alot of great people, and have some pretty interesting experiences during my life so far.Now I am not advocating moving around like your in the FBI witness protection program or changing jobs alot like I have the past few years, butsometimes we all go through periods of our lives where we are trying to findourselves, our niche, our way, our purpose, etc...and out of those things I have really gained some wonderful life experiences, even if some are mistakes.That is what life really is all about, experiencing it!

Now there are some mistakes, bad choices, and regrets I'd soon not experience again, but in so many ways I am thankful for the life experiences I've had. College, ministry, the military, relationships, jobs, trials, storms, and special moments all make up the experiences I've had in life that I would not trade for anything.People who just go through life and don't stop to enjoy the experiences or choose not to learn from their experiences are really missing out. The great news is God has a perfect will for our lives and He also allows us to go through stuff because we don't always choose His will.I want to challenge you to make the most of your life experiences today.

Who else can say they've sailed halfway around the world in a Navy, had the greatest job in the world as a Youth Minister, worked at a funeral home, dropped out of college only to return and graduate, made friends across the US, lived in the southwest and the east coast, and in the mountains. I've traveled to so many places and seen so many things and met so many intersting people along the way.I've laughed, cried, loved, lost, and laughed some more. I really like to laugh. I've made good money and i've had nothing. And heck, all that by age 34.

I make no excuses, admit no defeat, and choose to never give up. I'm going to keep experiencing life, in stages, portions, and seasons. I'm going to strive to give God my best, trust Him, and remain faithful and finish the race, and I'm going to do my best to relax a little more and enjoy the ride, wherever it may take me.It doesn't matter my salary, my job title, and my marital or social status, I'm going to experience this life God has given me.

"I have come that they may Have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10(NIV)

No comments: