Friday, April 17, 2009

My Plans

MY PLANS

I've realized over and over in my life that sometimes "my" plans and "God's" plans aren't always the same. I really thought when I moved back to West Virgnia God was preparing me for another full-time minstry, but those doors have closed on me so far and I am left wondering what do I do now? Where do I go? What does God really want me to be doing?

I honestly don't know the path He has picked out for me, but I know the past few years I've made a mess of my life at times by trying to do my own thing or trying to do what I "felt" was God when it was just a mix of my own feelings and emotions sprinkled in with some prayers and hopes. You been there?

Christianity is not about knowing everything or being everything we want to be. It's about seeing where God is and meeting Him there. It's about learning to wait on God in times of transition. It's about accepting responsiblity for our mistakes and admitting our faults. It's about God's plan becoming our plan.

I don't know where your headed today or where your life is right now. Maybe things are going great for you, maybe you're in your dream job, married to the dream spouse, and maybe you're exactly where you thought you'd be? Maybe your like me, and you don't know what the heck is going on? Maybe you can't seem to find the right fit for a career, relationship, or life is a mix of uncertainty? Maybe you're having to do stuff you don't want to do or feel trapped in a job or setting?

I am not sure where I'm going to be or what I'm going to be doing 6 months down the road, or a year? I do know God has a plan and my plans don't work on my own. I know that God is faithful even when I am not. I know God sees the big picture that I can't see past my present right now.
God's plans don't come together in our time, our way of thinking, or with our agenda. Truth be told, I just want to be open and available to God's leading. I know in time, I'll have the right job, the right place to live, and the right church in my life again. Whatever your dealing with or going through right now is it your plan or God's? Let's seek to follow God's plan and wait for Him to show us right way.

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in Want."
Psalm 23:1(NIV)

No comments: