Monday, April 20, 2009

My Easter Peeps


My Easter Peeps

It always amazes me and excites me to see so many people come out to church on an Easter weekend. The peeps come out of the woodwork to make it for Easter services. The exciting part is to see so many people at church and many of those people do get inspired to come back or keep checking things out. The part that is amazing to me, is those who don't see the need to come anymore than a special Holiday. God wants His "peeps" to see the need for him on a dailly basis in their lives.

I really think we should celebrate Easter every Sunday as a church, because each week we have an opportunity and freedom to gather together and worship, serve, and celebrate the God who defeated death, sin, & hell and who lives and reigns forever. I also think everyday as a follower of Jesus we should celebrate His victory in our lives.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with setting aside one day of year to celebrate "Easter" as a holiday, but I think if christians would live out that easter spirit and attitude in their lives dailyl it could change the world. If churches would celebrate that easter spirit at services each week, i think it could the way we worship, think, serve, and even take communion.

I think God is blessed when churches put on great Easter programs and services and when He sees churches that are crowded, but I think His intent for the church was to be that way every day and every week and His intent for followers was to pick up "our cross" daily and follow Him.

Everyday can be Easter in our hearts and attitudes. Every week can be a Celebration of Easter as we proclaim the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ the reason we have hope, purpose, and a reason to assemble togther each week as a church. Those are some peeps that God would love.

"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."
Luke 9:23 (NIV)

No comments: