Friday, April 17, 2009

Workin for a Living

WORKIN FOR A LIVING

"For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."
I Corinthians 3:9(NIV)

I worked one time as a temp at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing plant. They make engines and transmissions for many of the Toyota vehicles. Where I grew up in WV, it's the mac bomb diggity job to have. Nowadays most of the hiring they do is through Manpower, which is a temp service, so I am worked as a temp.

I've never worked so hard in my life, or atleast not in awhile, physically and mentally speaking, the work is tough, but there is something rewarding about working hard, honest, and giving it your best. Even though it's all new to me, and I've got so much to learn and adjust to, I am thrilled to have the chance to work there and work hard.

This is something that God needs of his people. God desires for us to work hard, give it our best, be honest, and strive to get the job done. That job is growing in our faith and sharing it with others so that they may have the chance to have a relationship with God and have the hope of eternal life.

Working for God is not easy, many times we may fail, be rejected, or have to take a hard road, but God desires our faithfullness, eagerness, and willingness.I know some people may think I may not be cut out for this type of job, but I welcome the challenge, and love to prove people wrong. God does not want us to give up, avoid, or neglect the work that is to be done for his kingdom and church.

No matter your talents or gifts, God wants us all to use them to the best of our ability. Our life is not in vain and not without purpose. When is the last time you did something significant for God? When is the last time you used your time or talents for God? When is the last time your served or gave sacrificially to God?

God did not call us to simply wear the name "Christian" or set the bar low where He wants us to just "attend" church on Sundays. God wants us to get to work! Christianity is not about warming pews, being a member of a church, or telling people you go to chuch, it's about working, serving, growing, and developing our faith and gifts for God.

I welcomed the challenge of a the job Toyota and the hard to grow and I also want to have the same attitude when it comes to serving God. I don't need a title or a paycheck from a church to serve God with all my heart and neither do you.

No comments: