Friday, April 17, 2009

Tunnel Vision

TUNNEL VISION

As I begin my blog today I want you to read the words of this song called "Tunnel" by Christian group "Third Day"(also featured on my myspace account)
Tunnel
"I won't pretend to know what you're thinking
I can't begin to know what you're going through
I won't deny the pain that you're feeling
But I'm gonna try and give a little hope to you

Just remember what I've told you
There's so much you're living for
Chorus
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
for you, for you
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
for you, for you
so keep holding on

You've got your disappointments and sorrows
You ought to share the weight of that load with me
Then you will find that the light of tomorrow
Brings a new life for our eyes to see

So remember what I told you
There's so much for you're living for

Chorus

Life is full of moments that are tragic, painful, traumatic, unfair, ridiculously cruel, and disappointing. Both moments out of our control and moments that are our own fault.

Death, divorce, being fired, being dumped, infidelity, lay-off, stabbed in the back by a friend, depression, adultery, abuse, addiction, cancer, falsely accused of something, strained relationships, hurt feelings....the list could go on and on of all the things that have caused us pain, hurt us, and made us feel like life at times is hopeless.

We've all in some ways had our share of hurts and many people choose to deal with their pain in various ways, drugs, alcohol, abuse, hate, revenge, bitterness, and even suicide.

The truth is found in the words of this song. There is HOPE at the end of it all. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and that LIGHT is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD....JESUS CHRIST. There is no other way to find HOPE in desperate and dark circumstances than the HOPE found in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

You can attend church, but unless you give your heart to Jesus, then you'll never find peace in church attendance. You can serve in various ministries in the church, but if you don't serve with a heart like Christ, you are just doing stuff for your own satisfaction. You can take the other extreme and blame God, blame Christians, or blame the church, but you are just adding to your misery.

Don't get me wrong there are some churches and Christians who are toxic, pathetic, and downright lame at reaching out to hurting people, supporting and encouraging the hopeless, but we can't let that keep us from finding that HOPE of the world found only in Jesus.

There are times I've wanted to give up on God, the church, and Christianity, but thank God I renewed, rediscovered, and revived my faith and HOPE in my personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Don't turn around, don't give up, and don't throw in the towel. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and if you keep enduring, pressing forward, and persevering you will find the HOPE you've been looking for all along.

No comments: